[Air-L] IR 14 Hotel Issues

Alexander Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 16:51:38 PDT 2013

Fabio, Andrew, and other IR14 attendees,

Apologies for any difficulties. At present, there are still plenty of
rooms available from the night of the 23rd through the morning of the
27th. In previous years we had far fewer people attending
pre-conferences, and so we did not block out enough rooms for the
evening before this year. We have extended this once, and are
investigating the possibility of increasing it again, but the hotel
has indicated this may require us to renegotiate our contract. We will
send a note out to the list as soon as we have more information.

If you are reserving for the 23rd through the 27th, there should be no
issues at all. If you do have trouble, please get in contact with
ac at aoir.org, and Kelly can help troubleshoot.

Best,

Alex

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Fabio Giglietto
<fabio.giglietto at uniurb.it> wrote:
> We are experiencing the same issue here.
>
> Best, Fabio Giglietto
>
> P.S. Actually I also tried weeks ago and it was the same
> On 12 Aug 2013 17:41, "Andrew Herman" <aherman at wlu.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>

>> I am trying to reserve a room at the Westin in Denver but am being shut
>> out at the conference hotel reservations site. The site tells me that
>> the rooms set aside for the !R14 are completely booked, although the
>> IR14 site says that only 60% or have been reserved. Anybody else
>> experiencing the same issue?
>>

>> Andrew
>>

>> Chair
>> Department of Communication Studies
>> Wilfrid Laurier University
>> Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5

>> http://www.aoir.org/

//
// This email is
// [ ] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [x] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais, ciberflâneur
// http://alex.halavais.net
//
// Please attribute any stupid errors above to autocorrect on my phone.
// (But I probably was typing on a keyboard.)