[Air-L] Utility of listserv vs. Facebook board?

Ulf-Dietrich Reips u.reips at ikerbasque.org
Mon Aug 5 04:43:57 PDT 2013

Dear Nicholas, Nadia and others:
I entirely agree that it would be at odds with the openness
principles of AoIR (or any other academic community) to force its
members into communicating via a proprietary network.

Further, e-mail/listserv has a wider reach than social media/Facebook.
And yes, it ain't broken.

Down the road, if AoIR decides to move communications to an open
source social network, then you may want to consider Social Lab
(http://sociallab.es). Our related publication just went in press:
Garaizar, P. & Reips, U.-D. (in press). Build your own social network
laboratory with Social Lab: a tool for research in social media.
Behavior Research Methods.
Happy to send preprints, if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Ulf