[Air-L] AoIR Wiki Was: A suggestion for reading lists and syllabi

Alex Leavitt alexleavitt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:24:05 PDT 2013

Just to throw in a bit of discussion: Alex, I would definitely like to know
your thoughts on Wikia vs. our own install. Obviously spam is one issue.
Easy of use (ie., markup language) is probably another. On the our-install
side, I can think of three arguments: 1) not relying on a 3rd party (issues
of access, especially if Wikia goes defunct somehow) 2), supporting
open-source software, and 3) no ads.

Personally, I'm still for the wiki.aoir.org install, but by creating a
Wikia page without some kind of 'official' support of the org, I'm
concerned efforts will be divided across both wikis (well, that is, if we
can get new accounts on our own wiki...).

I'm happy to volunteer, btw, to be the point person for helping create new
accounts for people that need them.

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt