[Air-L] AoIR Wiki Was: A suggestion for reading lists and syllabi

Benjamin J Birkinbine bjb at uoregon.edu
Tue Aug 6 10:03:16 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I, too, would support the wiki.  I'm always encouraged by the
discussion on this list, but I was looking for a better way to access
information from some of the discussions.

Having recently gone through the process of combing the MediaWiki
manual, I can tell you that the current anti-spam extensions are quite
good.  Spam on my site was reduced to practically nothing.  The current
version of MediaWiki being used for the AOIR site (1.16) is a bit
outdated.  We could simply update the install, and then install the
necessary anti-spam extensions.  The current AOIR install has no
extensions to prevent spam.

Let me know how I can help!

Ben Birkinbine
Ph.D. Candidate, Media Studies