[Air-L] ASA Panel Recap: Identity Work and Identity Play Online

Daniel Greene dan.greene10 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 15:15:41 PST 2013

Hello AIR,

I convened a panel at the recent American Studies Association in DC with
Laura Portwood-Stacer, Anne Cong-Huyen, Lisa Nakamura, and Tara McPherson
that was intended to be a 'state of the field' conversation on digital
cultural studies. Resonated with a lot of the resistance & appropriation
themes we debated in Denver, with some interesting, ASA-specific
divergences. CUNY's Digital Labor Working Group was kind enough to host my
write-up of the panel and its discussion
here<http://digitallabor.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2013/12/02/panel-review-identity-work-and-identity-play-online/>
 (http://goo.gl/p5wqfc).

Comments welcome. And please do consider bringing your digital media work
to the ASA (next year in LA). Our digital media focus is growing, but we're
especially welcoming for those who feel critical race theory, gender &
sexuality studies, postcolonialism, etc. is their starting point for
talking about the internet.

Cheers,
Dan

--