[Air-L] Elsevier and academia.edu

Collister, Lauren Brittany LBC8 at pitt.edu
Mon Dec 9 06:49:32 PST 2013

Hi Suely and all,

I am very much enjoying this discussion as someone who has made a career move into Open Access publishing. Suely asked about a wiki that lists OA journals, and there are two resources that come to mind which may be of interest to folks here.

First of all, have a look at the Directory of Open Access Journals (http://www.doaj.org). This is a listing of Open Access journals by subject matter, and lists the language, publisher, fees, etc. They formerly listed ALL journals that were OA, but they are imposing stricter listing requirements now and curating their existing lists.

You mentioned a wiki, and one I can think of is the Open Access Directory wiki, available here: http://oad.simmons.edu/oadwiki/Main_Page This doesn't necessarily have a list of journals, but rather a list of resources for people interested in OA.

I hope these resources are helpful. (As a side note and shameless plug, if anyone's thinking about starting an open access journal or moving an existing journal to OA, I would be happy to help.)

Best wishes,

Lauren B. Collister
Electronic Publications Associate
Office of Scholarly Communication and Publishing
University Library System
University of Pittsburgh
lbc8 at pitt.edu