[Air-L] Decentralized alternative for academic social network

Francesca Musiani francesca.musiani at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 03:09:05 PST 2013

Dear colleagues,

Just a short message to go back to the very interesting conversation held
on this list a few days ago about Academia.edu and possible alternatives.
Mathieu O'Neil and I, from a personal viewpoint and also as members of the
editorial board of the Journal of Peer Production, would like to support
Rob's proposal to set up a "p2p online social network" for academics as an
alternative to academia.edu, and remain available to discuss this further.
We believe that this could be a significant advance for the commons, as
well as a possible way to channel towards volunteer projects the funding
that is indeed starting to become available for open access. We look
forward to further discussions.

Kind regards,

--
Francesca Musiani