[Air-L] Elsevier is taking down papers from Academia.edu

Gil De Zuniga, Homero hgz at austin.utexas.edu
Sat Dec 7 15:50:18 PST 2013

John, Darren, Nat, and all ~
Sure, it askhas a cost, I get it.... I'm convinced their margin is better than any other industry though.
But in any case, what about at least a more egalitarian distribution of the profits. If not to us, which I get it, may be selfish as universities pay us (still debatable tough), to the schools. What about routing back some funds to universities for grants to improve the very product they sell? = better research.
HGZ

Homero Gil de Zúñiga
Associate Professor
Director, Digital Media Research Program (DMRP)
communication.utexas.edu/strauss/dmrp
Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Life
College of Communication
University of Texas - Austin
utexas.edu
Voice (512) 471 6323