[Air-L] Elsevier and academia.edu

Mary-Helen Ward mary-helen.ward at sydney.edu.au
Wed Dec 11 19:36:55 PST 2013

Thanks Ben. This expands on my point nicely. It is a rare institution (I
do know of one or two in Australia) who are brave enough to codify the
value of 'non-traditional' publication and reward their staff for engaging
in blogging, tweeting, writing for commentary sites and traditional media,
and otherwise raising the profile of both the individual's work and the
institution itself. But usually nothing will count as much as
highly-ranked journals, not even writing, editing or contributing to books
or presenting at conferences.

Mary-Helen
--
DR MARY-HELEN WARD | Education Design Manager: Sciences Technology and
Business