[Air-L] New Issue of CyberOrient: Orchestrating Hip-hop Culture Online

Vit Sisler vsisler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 08:57:08 PST 2013

Dear colleagues,

it is my pleasure to announce that the new issue of the CyberOrient
journal is available online!

All the best,

Vit Sisler
Managing Editor

CyberOrient, Vol. 7, Iss. 2, 2013

Editorial

Orchestrating Hip-hop Culture Online: Within and Beyond the Middle East
Anders Ackfeldt
http://www.cyberorient.net/article.do?articleId=8640

Articles

Muslimhiphop.com: Constructing Muslim Hip Hop Identities on the Internet
Inka Rantakallio
http://www.cyberorient.net/article.do?articleId=8623

Hanouneh style resistance. Becoming hip-hop authentic by balancing
skills and painful lived experiences
Andrea Dankic
http://www.cyberorient.net/article.do?articleId=8625

“I Am Malcolm X” – Islamic Themes in Hip-hop Video Clips Online
Anders Ackfeldt
http://www.cyberorient.net/article.do?articleId=8630

Comments

Global Story
Mark LeVine
http://www.cyberorient.net/article.do?articleId=8618

Reviews

Review: Religion and Hip Hop
Kalle Berggren
http://www.cyberorient.net/article.do?articleId=8521

Review: Turkish Metal – Music, Meaning and Morality in a Muslim Society
Johan Cato
http://www.cyberorient.net/article.do?articleId=8628

About CyberOrient

CyberOrient (http://www.cyberorient.net/) is a peer-reviewed journal
published by the American Anthropological Association, in
collaboration with the Faculty of Arts of Charles University in
Prague. The aim of the journal is to provide research and theoretical
considerations on the representation of Islam and the Middle East, the
very areas that used to be styled as an “Orient”, in cyberspace, as
well as the impact of the internet and new media in Muslim and Middle
Eastern contexts.

--
Vit Sisler, Ph.D.

Charles University in Prague
Faculty of Arts
Institute of Information Science and Librarianship
New Media Studies

http://uisk.jinonice.cuni.cz/sisler/