[Air-L] Social Media PhD at Umeå University

Simon Lindgren simon.lindgren at soc.umu.se
Mon Dec 9 02:30:40 PST 2013

Phd Position in Social Media and Internet Studies at Umeå University, Sweden

We have a 4-5 year fully funded position available for a person looking to write a PhD in the field of Social Media and Internet Studies. The deadline for applying is January 31st 2014.

The position is connected to my Internet/Social Media research group at the Department of Sociology. The person hired will become part of the interdisciplinary environment for digital studies within the social sciences and the humanities at Umeå University. A key part of this setting is the Media Places Research Program (http://humlab.umu.se/en/research-development/media-places/). Within the sociological part of this project we are currently studying social media activism, as well as processes of collective coping with trauma through social media.

More (Google Translated) details on the application are found here http://goo.gl/Cdk3is (“Position 2”)

It might increase the chances of an applicant to apply for the more general “Position 1” as well!

Contact Simon Lindgren for any clarifications
twitter @simonlindgren​
mail simon.lindgren at umu.se

Welcome!

Simon

Simon Lindgren : Professor
Department of Sociology : Umeå University
(+46)-70-5656-104 : http://simonlindgren.com