[Air-L] Open access and academia.edu

Scott MacLeod scott at scottmacleod.com
Tue Dec 10 11:07:56 PST 2013

Hi Natalie and All,

Thanks for this article ...

Sample, Ian. 2013. [ http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/dec/09/nobel-winner-boycott-science-journals Nobel winner declares boycott of top science journals: Randy Schekman says his lab will no longer send
papers to Nature, Cell and Science as they distort scientific process]. Monday 9. Manchester, England: The Guardian. ...

which I added to the following wiki subjects at World University and School, as an example of open access and academia.edu (also added you in academia.edu with my academia.edu URL below) ...

Academic Journals at WUaS -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Academic_Journals_at_WUaS#World_University_and_School_Links ...

Intellectual Property - IP Law -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Intellectual_Property_-_IP_Law#World_University_and_School_Links -

Open Access Resources -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Access_Resources#World_University_and_School_Links -

Science -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Science#World_University_and_School_Links -

I just enjoyed revisiting another article from Ian Sample in a similar vein from last year in the Academic Journals at WUaS ...

Sample, Ian. 2012. [ http://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/apr/24/harvard-university-journal-publishers-prices Harvard University says it can't afford journal publishers' prices: University wants scientists to make
their research open access and resign from publications that keep articles behind paywalls]. April 24. Manchester, UK: The Guardian.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott

http://scottmacleod.com/