[Air-L] Examples of student scientific publications

juliano spyer jspyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 06:57:39 PST 2013

dear air-l - i am talking to colleagues here at UCL to create a
student scientific magazine/annual published online.

the idea is to invite master students that successfully finish their
programmes to choose one chapter from their dissertations to make it
available publicly.

the spirit of the project is to make public a content that has been
"peer reviewed" (considering the marking of dissertations a kind of
assessment of the quality of the research), but to do so in a more
reasonable size for possible readers - not everyone is interested in
reading 50-80 pages to see if there is something particularly
interesting there.

so my question is: do anyone know of similar publications or
publishing solutions? And also: what is necessary for a publication to
be quoted?

I am scheduling a meeting with a librarian from UCL to inquire about
that, but i thought I could share this with you in parallel.

many thanks
www.julianospyer.com.br >> Thinking to gather