[Air-L] how users discover videos on youtube?

Jason G. Karlin ukarlin at mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri Feb 22 20:46:22 PST 2013

Greetings!

In regards to traffic on Youtube, I recommend that you see this article. It provides evidence that viral videos on Youtube generate about 34% of their traffic initially from social views, but that this fraction drops over time to 16%. According to the study, "overall, 25% of the daily views on YouTube are the result of person-to-person sharing."

Tom Broxton, Yannet Interian, Jon Vaver, and Mirjam Wattenhofer. “Catching a Viral Video,” Journal of Intelligent Information Systems. DOI 10.1007/s10844-011-0191-2
http://static.googleusercontent.com/external_content/untrusted_dlcp/research.google.com/en//pubs/archive/37650.pdf

--
Jason G. Karlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor