[Air-L] Historical Origins of the Cloud

Elijah Wright elijah.wright at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 07:36:11 PST 2013

My query:

>> Happen to know the history of where the nomenclature for EC2 came from?
 A guy on AIR-L  (internet research list) was asking for historical info
>> about where the 'cloud' terminology came from.  Just wondered - and
figured you might know who should be getting asked.  :-)

My source's response:

> It's not so interesting ;) -- it actually started as "utility computing",
and it just kind of got named "cloud" because of you know, the visio thing.

> So basically, some dude just coined it and I guess it stuck.  I would ask
Chris Pinkham for the official answer, if you wanted to know who to reach
out to.

Hope this helps.  It at least validates that you're on a good track and
should persevere.

(Chris Pinkham is CEO at Nimbula.com, nowadays...)

--e