[Air-L] Registration now open - Queer feminist social media praxis, University of Sussex

Aristea Fotopoulou A.Fotopoulou at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 04:39:48 PST 2013

Queer, Feminist and Social Media Praxis workshop, Sussex Centre for Cultural Studies, 17 May 2013, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.

Registration is now open. To register, please visit:
http://queerfemdigiact.wordpress.com/registration/

 In this workshop we will explore a range of themes around  digital technology and social media in relation to gender/sexuality activism and social equality.

Workshop keynote speaker: Alex Juhasz (Pitzer, USA, Fembot Collective)

Closing plenary Radical art practices, feminism, new technologies and performance with : Maria Chatzichristodoulou (a.k.a. Maria X), Sally-Jane Norman (Attenborough Centre for Creative Arts), Kira O’Reilly, Kate O’Riordan (UCSC/Sussex), Joanna Zylinska (Goldsmiths).

There will be over 30 academic papers, workshops, film screenings and performances over the workshop day. We have also scheduled a queer film-screening of The Owls on the evening of the 16th of May, with producer Alex Juhasz present for a Q&A session.

The provisional programme will be coming out in the next few weeks.

The workshop is linked to the second annual conference of the International Feminist Journal of Politics, (Im)possibly Queer International Feminisms, between May 17-19, 2013. The Workshop is organised by the Sussex Centre for Cultural Studies, University of Sussex and partly supported by the EPSRC/CC+ Network Sustaining networked knowledge: expertise, feminist media production, art and activism.

We look forward to welcoming you to Brighton in May!

The Queer, Feminist and Social Media Praxis Team.
web: http://queerfemdigiact.wordpress.com/
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Queer-Feminist-and-Social-Media-Praxis-Workshop/434729706593342

Dr Aristea Fotopoulou

Research fellow EPINET