[Air-L] Gloviczki Poetry Book Publication

Peter Gloviczki glovi002 at umn.edu
Sun Feb 24 04:52:47 PST 2013

Dear AOIR Friends and Colleagues,

I'm really pleased to share that my first full-length collection of
poetry, Kicking Gravity (Salmon Poetry, 2013) is now available. Though
the poems are mostly fictional, I write about the media in certain
poems and media in everyday life is a theme that runs through the
collection. If you're interested, I encourage you to take a look. I'm
glad to Skype with any media studies, creative nonfiction or literary
arts classes (or others) that would like to discuss the book. Thanks,
Peter

For a copy, visit: <http://www.salmonpoetry.com/details.php?ID=288&a=235>.

About this Book

“Peter Joseph Gloviczki’s short lyrics and prose poems speak to the
contemporary reader, in tender, precise language, about love, the
spirit, and the body, and while his poems may be short and concise,
the scope of his work is without limit.”
William Reichard

“And what will the ricochet / of my right ankle be worth” asks the
speaker in the opening lines of Peter Joseph Gloviczki’s first full-
length collection, Kicking Gravity. This book finds the speaker
traveling around the world and returning home with a newfound
appreciation for life, love, the possibilities of the body and the
landscapes that connect us. The speaker is a romantic and an explorer.
>From Budapest to London and New Orleans to the American Midwest, these
poems listen with a journalist’s ear. Kicking Gravity is a passionate
and fully formed debut.

Author Biography

Peter Joseph Gloviczki is a teacher, a communication researcher and a
poet. His poems have appeared in The Christian Science Monitor,
Hayden’s Ferry Review, New Orleans Review, 32 Poems and elsewhere.
Kicking Gravity is his first full-length collection of poems. He has
reviewed poetry collections for Mid-American Review and his poems have
been widely anthologized, including in Dogs Singing: A Tribute
Anthology (Salmon Poetry, 2011). A Pushcart Prize nominee and the
winner of a senryu prize from Modern Haiku, he grew up in Rochester,
Minnesota, where he graduated from Mayo High School. He earned his
B.A. at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota, and his M.A. and
Ph.D. in Mass Communication at the University of Minnesota in
Minneapolis. His research examines the implications of emerging
technologies for journalism and mass communication. He lives and
writes in Minneapolis.