[Air-L] Geek Researcher Spends Three Years Living With Hackers

Kishonna Gray klgray at asu.edu
Thu Feb 28 17:04:09 PST 2013

Hello all! I am looking for additional references similar to Gabriella's
work here (awesome book btw).  A student is looking for information on
hacking as activism, hacking for social change, hacking for empowerment,
etc.

Any and all citations are welcome!

Thanks
Kishonna

*Kishonna L. Gray, PhD*

*Assistant Professor*

School of Justice Studies

Eastern Kentucky University

Email: kishonna.gray at eku.edu

Office: Stratton 313

Phone: 859-622-8880

*Recent scholarship on Xbox Live: *

Gray, K.L. (2013) Diffusion of Innovation Theory and Xbox Live: Examining
Minority Gamers Responses and Rate of Adoption to Changes in Xbox
Live. *Bulletin
of Science, Technology, & Society*, 32(6): 463-470.

Gray, K.L. (2012) Deviant Bodies, Stigmatized Identities, and Racist Acts:
Examining the Experiences of African-American Gamers in Xbox Live.  *New
Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia, *18(4): 261-276.