[Air-L] ELD13 Conference Update

AJ Kelton ajk407 at nyu.edu
Fri Feb 1 08:45:11 PST 2013

Conference Update - http://eld.montclair.edu/2013/01/31/conference-update/

Although we already have presentation on the schedule, our
rolling-submission call-for-proposals is still open.  You can find CALL FOR
PROPOSAL submission information by clicking the CALL FOR PROPOSALS tab in
the top navigation bar above or by going to
http://eld.montclair.edu/call-for-proposals/

ELD13 is employing a ROLLING SUBMISSION ACCEPTANCE process, which is
described in detail on the Call for Proposals page. Although we have set a
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF FEBRUARY 21st, 2013, once we have filled the
conference schedule we will close the online submission form. Therefore, it
is important that you submit your proposal as soon as possible.

The full schedule can be found here, but we are very pleased to announce a
few of our accepted submissions and our Keynote

Keynote presentation by Christopher Hoadley of New York University

90-minute workshop
* Virtual Instructor – Student Interaction in an Asynchronous Learning
Network with Christopher Donoghue of Montclair State University in the
Learning, Pedagogy, & Technology Track (Sponsored by NJEDge.Net)
* The Scratch Disruption: Video Game Design with Scratch with Sophie
Idromenos in the Immersive Learning Track  (Sponsored by NJEDge.Net)

30-minute Concurrent Sessions
* Making student Wikipedians: Encouraging disruptive scholarly
communication with John T. Oliver of The College of New Jersey in the
Learning, Pedagogy, & Technology Track (Sponsored by NJEDge.net)
* Where does 3D printing fit into your pedagogical thinking? with Michael
Kolitsky of Atlantic Cape Community College in the Emerging Technology
Track (Sponsored by Cecil College)

The submission form is short and you’ll receive feedback from our peer
reviewers, so don’t hesitate to get your proposal in as soon as possible.

Like previous years events, we expect that will be something in the ELD13
program for everyone, no matter what level of comfort you have with
technology. This year we have another exceptional keynote speaker, Dr.
Christopher Hoadley from the Educational Communication & Technology/Digital
Media Design for Learning Program at New York University. In addition to
our keynote, this year’s schedule will feature a variety of concurrent
session, workshops, and the very popular Ignite! sessions will be returning.

Finally, Very Early Bird Registration is now open and details can be found
at http://eld.montclair.edu/registration/  There was NO price increase over
last year and, starting as low as $75 for the entire day (Breakfast, lunch,
beverage breaks, and snacks during our Engage! session are included), this
is a great deal.  There is also an opportunity to attend a Networking
Cocktail party after the conference. Team and Group pricing is available,
as is graduate student pricing   Please see the registration page for
details.

--
-----

AJ Kelton
Director of Emerging & Instructional Technology
     College of Humanities and Social Sciences - Montclair State University
Doctoral Candidate
     Educational Communication and Technology - New York University
Emerging Learning Design 2013
http://eld.montclair.edu
Twitter: @ELDConf <http://twitter.com/ELDConf>
CALL for PROPOSALS http://eld.montclair.edu/call-for-proposals/