[Air-L] Ethnography Matters: The Openness Edition

Heather Ford heather.ford at oii.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 7 02:30:49 PST 2013

The team over at Ethnography Matters, a community of ethnographers and internet researchers using grounded methods, have just published our editorial for this month's theme: The Openness Edition where we discuss why we think it's important to broaden the debate about openness in the ethnographic research community http://ethnographymatters.net/2013/02/07/february-2013-the-openness-edition/. Since there has been some discussion about this here, I thought I'd send along.

We've also published the themes for the coming few months http://ethnographymatters.net/2013/02/06/2013-themes/ and are inviting contributions:

March 2013 edited by Tricia Wang: “Stories to insights to action!” The role of narrative in ethnographic practice

April 2013 edited by Nicolas Nova: Ethnomining: Combining qualitative and quantitative data

May 2013 edited by Jenna Burrell: How to talk to companies and organisations about ethnographic fieldwork

June 2013 edited by Rachelle Annechino: Pseudonyms in qualitative research

Let us know if you'd like to be a guest contributor :)

Best,
Heather.

Heather Ford
Oxford Internet Institute Doctoral Programme
www.ethnographymatters.net<http://www.ethnographymatters.net/>
@hfordsa @ethnomatters
http://hblog.org<http://hblog.org/>