[Air-L] Here's an Idea… PBSIdeaChannel represents a new form of the academy

Alex Leavitt alexleavitt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:12:44 PST 2013

Disclaimer: I'm good friends with Mike, both of us having worked together
on the Web Ecology Project.

Idea Channel is just what it is: no-consequences idea generation that
certainly provoke interesting conversations but don't necessarily
contribute to the 'social theory' part of your prompt. But I've always
thought that academics should totally go the route of making well-produced,
easily-understandable videos. Eg., while not academic in the least, I still
think this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI -- is one of the
best pieces of film criticism out there.

Alex

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt