[Air-L] Big Data texts

Jan Christian Breitsohl janbreitsohl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:03:34 PST 2013

Hi Mark,

I can strongly recommend you this book, it has received raving critics and
if you look at Professor Mayer-Schonberger's work, he is one, if not THE
leading communication researcher in the field:

'Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work and Think -
by Kenneth Cukier and Viktor Mayer-Schonberger'

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Data-Revolution-Transform-Think/dp/0544002695/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361980359&sr=8-1&keywords=Big+Data%3A+A+Revolution+That+Will+Transform+How+We+Live%2C+Work+and+Think+by+Kenneth+Cukier+and+Viktor+Mayer-Schonberger

The book is just out, so it is as current and up-to-date as it gets,
already generating lots of buzz on relevant platforms,

Hope it helps.

Jan

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:47:22 -0000, Mark D. Johns <mjohns at luther.edu>
wrote:

> I've been assigned to teach an advanced research methods course on
> "big data" next fall to upper-level undergrads. As I'm more of a
> qualitative guy, this is a bit outside my comfort zone.
>
> I'm seeking recommendations of books, journal articles, or other
> readings that would be accessible to undergraduate juniors and seniors
> on analytics and related topics.
>
> Please respond off list, and if there is interest, I'll post a summary
> later. Thanks in advance.
> --
> Mark D. Johns, Ph.D.
> Associate Professor, Communication Studies
> Luther College, Decorah, Iowa USA

Jan Christian Breitsohl

Lecturer in Marketing Psychology
Aberystwyth University