[Air-L] Alternatives to Wolfram alpha?

Ulf-Dietrich Reips u.reips at ikerbasque.org
Sat Jan 26 17:04:27 PST 2013

Dear Juliano:
as Marco mentioned the APIs provided by Facebook will allow you to do
some automated caclculations. However, to truly assess who are the
"best friends" of Facebook users there is no way around getting their
permission to further analyze their profiles.

Check our following article for ways of doing this. In our view, any
automated methodology should be complemented by research involving
the owners of their profiles, for validation and further in-depth
analysis.

Reips, U.-D., & Buffardi, L. (2012). Studying migrants with the help
of the Internet: Methods from psychology. Journal of Ethnic and
Migration Studies, 38(9), 1405-1424. doi:10.1080/1369183X.2012.698208
http://personalwebpages.deusto.es/reips/pubs/papers/2012ReipsBuffardi_JEMS.pdf

With kind regards,
Ulf