[Air-L] New study on sociability and ICTs

Taipale Sakari sakari.taipale at jyu.fi
Thu Jan 17 05:02:36 PST 2013

Dear Air-L mailing members;

This new article authored by Leopoldina Fortunati, Federico de Luca, and I, might be of interest to some of AoIR list members:

Fortunati, Leopoldina, Taipale, Sakari & de Luca, Federico (2013) What happened to body-to-body sociability? Social Science Research, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ssresearch.2012.12.006

It is dealing with a vividly discussed issue of whether ICTs affect people's sociability. We use a large two-wave survey data collected from EU5 countries in 1996 and 2009 to show how sociability has evolved over time and how this change is associated with ICTs.

With best wishes,

Dr Sakari Taipale
Adjunct Professor
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Social and Public Policy)
Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy
Street address: Ylistönmäentie 33
Room: 459b
PO Box 35
40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland