[Air-L] Any tool to analyse tweets in a trend (Muhammad Babur)

Scott Rodgers rodgers_scott at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 07:22:06 PST 2013

Hello all,

Apologies if I am about to jump in with a question discussed previously (if so, I am happy to look through the archives) but I have been spending a lot of time trying get a sense of how one can access 'historical' Twitter data. A collaborator and I have a fairly small-scale project, for which we'd like to look back about 2 years at maybe 1-3 specific hashtags all related to a local neighbourhood campaign. From what I have garnered from a lot of looking around, the only way to get at historical data is by purchasing services from third parties with access to the Twitter fire hose. The problem there is that such companies only seem to offer much more extensive services than we need - we do not need, for instance, full-scale quantitative analytics of tweet data, mood, and the like. We simply want to generate a list of tweets using a certain hashtag over a certain period, for the purposes of qualitative analysis (it would be linked with interviews and other secondary information).

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Very best,
Scott Rodgers
www.publiclysited.com