[Air-L] Fwd: CFP Conceptualizing Cyber-Urban Connections in Asia and the Middle East

William Dutton william.dutton at oii.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 10 07:14:45 PDT 2013

I certainly want to underscore the relative decline of research on 'cyber-urban connections'. The role of communication infrastructures in shaping urban forms and activities was a strong aspect of research, from the telephone through to the height of community informatics work, but it seems to have dropped off the research agenda, relative to other topics. Linking these issues with area with protests and mass movements adds a great deal of complexity, but best of luck with this event,

Bill

William H. Dutton
Professor of Internet Studies
Oxford Internet Institute