[Air-L] JITP Call for Submissions: Media and Methods for Opening Education
gregory.donovan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 10:16:55 PDT 2013
Dearest Internet Researchers -
The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy is seeking submissions for a special issue on "Media and Methods for Opening Education." Suzanne Tamang ( suzanne.tamang at gmail.com ) and I ( gregory.donovan at gmail.com ) are editing this issue and submissions are due by October 20th, 2013 for a Spring 2014 publication. We're both happy to answer any questions or discuss possible submission topics.
Gregory T. Donovan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Urban Studies
Saint Peter's University
Call for Submissions
The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy is a peer-reviewed and open-access journal that welcomes work that explores critical and creative uses of interactive technology in teaching, learning, and research. For Issue 5, we are seeking submissions under the theme of “Media and Methods for Opening Education.” This theme invites submissions that critically and creatively consider both media and methods that open up traditional educational settings to more democratic and diverse modes of learning and knowledge production.
We are particularly interested in papers that express intriguing and promising ideas, demonstrate new media forms or educational software tools, or focus on research methods for opening education. Possible submission topics include, but are not limited to:
- The development, implementation, and/or evaluation of pedagogical practices that draw on Open Education Resources (OER).
- Explorations of Open Access, Open Source, and/or Open Data initiatives that address matters of race, class, gender, sexuality, and disability.
- Critical considerations of corporate or proprietary media in pedagogical practices.
- Feminist media and methodologies for challenging patriarchal structures in education.
- Analyses of both the educational media and practices of civic movements such as the Free University, Occupy Data, or CryptoParty.
- Hackathon methodologies: tools and practices.
- Critical and participatory approaches to facilitating MOOCs.
- Engaging local communities in public research and/or education through civic media.
- Interactive platforms and practices that queer traditional educational boundaries between teacher/student as well as inside/outside the classroom, unfixing these binaries so as to reconsider our norms and what they leave unsaid.
- Critical appropriations of queer, feminist and/or radical praxis to address ITP matters such as universal access.
- Visualizing research products for diverse publics.
- Best practices for collaborating in heterogeneous spaces.
- Anti-disciplinary approaches to problem solving and the public domain.
In addition to traditional long-form articles, we invite submissions of audio or visual presentations, interviews, dialogues, or conversations, creative works, manifestos, jeremiads or other scholarly materials. All submissions are subject to an open peer review process. Submissions received that do not fall under the specific theme of Issue 5, but do fall under the broader theme of JITP, will be considered for publication in a future issue.
The submission deadline for Issue 5 is October 20, 2013 for publication in Spring 2014. When submitting using our Open Journal Systems software, under “Journal Section,” please select the section titled “Issue 5: Special Issue.”
To submit and read our full guidelines, go to http://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/submit/
More information about the Air-L