[Air-L] Proposal deadline for 2013 CPTSC Annual Meeting/Conference one week from today

connexions journal editor at connexionsjournal.org
Mon Jul 1 11:07:58 PDT 2013

Colleagues -

Just a quick reminder that the deadline for “Regular Submission” proposals
for the 2013 CPTSC Annual Meeting/Conference is Monday, 8 July (in roughly
1 week).  See CFP below for more information on submitting a proposal for
the conference.

------

Call for Proposals

2013 Annual Meeting/Conference of the Council for Programs in Technical and
Scientific Communication

Conference Location: University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH

Conference Dates: October 10-12, 2013

Conference Theme: Reflections and Projections: Examining the Status and the
Future of Programs in the Field

Overview
The 2013 Annual Meeting of the CPTSC will focus on examining how past and
current trends, practices, and developments in the field might be used as a
guide to facilitate program development for the future. Such factors may be
local or global in nature, may influence and be influenced by trends in
industry or society, and may result from or drive scholarly research in the
discipline. We welcome a variety of perspectives and approaches—historical,
pragmatic, empirical, or theoretical – that examine how past and future
developments in the field might provide a foundation for examining the
future of the field and the programs within it.

The 2013 Program Committee invites proposals for individual, panel, or
poster presentations that examine programmatic aspects of areas such as

-- Curriculum Development (e.g., What should our core curriculum be?)

-- Program Identity: (e.g., How do we brand our programs for students,
faculty, and administrators?)

-- Assessment Practices: (e.g., What approaches are we using to assess
programs in the field?)

-- Industry Relationships: (e.g., Should programs foster partnerships with
local industry?)

-- Online Approaches: (e.g., How do we position and integrate online
classes within a program?)

-- Service Learning: (e.g., How can service learning enhance the
experiences of our students?)

-- Theoretical Foundations: (e.g., What theories should guide program-based
research?)

-- Publishing Practices: (e.g., What do new publishing models mean for
faculty in our programs?)

-- Administrative Practices: (e.g., What can we learn from administrative
practices in other fields?)

-- Social Forces: (e.g., What social and economic forces are affecting
programs in our field?)

-- Global Contexts: (e.g., How do our programs prepare students for the
modern, global context?)

An extended list of prospective topic areas can be found online at
http://cptsc.org/cptscCFP2013.pdf

Proposals of 250-400 words in length should be sent to
CPTSC2013 at gmail.com (For a full proposal guidelines, see
http://cptsc.org/cptscCFP2013.pd
).
  All proposals will be peer reviewed.

Regular submission proposals should be received on or before 8 July 2013,
and questions should be sent to
CPTSC2013 at gmail.com

Rosário

Rosário Durão
Editor
*www.connexionsjournal.org
**connexions •** international professi****onal communication journal *(ISSN
2325-6044)
*Department of Communication, Liberal Arts, Social
Sciences<http://infohost.nmt.edu/~class/>
 *
*New Mexico Tech <http://www.nmt.edu>**

***