[Air-L] Via the Looking Glass: Live Demo of Google Glass & Oculus Rift in JVWR Workshop at ICIS 2013

Tzafnat Shpak tzafnat.shpak at jvwresearch.org
Sat Jul 13 22:33:02 PDT 2013

**

[image: JVWR workshop ICIS 2013
cover]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=2f43594097&e=3f7039199b>

 SAVE THE DATE: Milan, Italy, 15 Dec. 2013
& 1st Call JVWR ICIS2013 Workshop Via the Looking Glass:
Live Demo of Google Glass & Oculus Rift, and Reflection on 3D3C Worlds
Part 1: Demos *30 Min Intro to Google Glass
David Zakariaie, Google Glass Explorer. LA, CA USA*

In this presentation David who is one of the explorers in the Google Glass
Explorer program will give us an overview of the Glass itself and its
ecosystem:

•    Components of Glass
•    GDK (Glass Development Kit) and Mirror Api’s
•    Special Considerations (Privacy, Battery Life, Radiation)
•    Core Capabilities
•    Sample Applications
 30 Min. Intro to Oculus Rift
Yesha Sivan, www.dryesha.com<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c03847d1ab&e=3f7039199b>
Components of Rift
•    SDK (Development Kit)
•    Special Considerations (TBD)
•    Core Capabilities
•    Sample Applications

 Part 2: Academic Seminar Invited sessions, based on JVWR issue
CfP: 3D3C Virtual Worlds - Topical Lantern
Review<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=ebbd62b087&e=3f7039199b>

*Call for posters and 5-min Lightning talks*
If you wish to present a poster and/or a short 5-min Lightning talk about
your work, let us know. The purpose of the Lightning talk is to get to know
each other, and give light to budding research.
Qualified proposals will also be invited to submit to 3D3C
Book<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=565e92ed74&e=3f7039199b>published
by Springer

*Dates for First Round:*
15-Aug-2013: Poster & Lightning talk submission.
23-Aug-2013: Decision to submitter.

Send proposals to tzafnat.shpak at jvwresearch.org

More Information:

   - We welcome you to join our Facebook page
'theJVWR<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=a414cb8019&e=3f7039199b>
   '
   - Follow us*
@theJVWR<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=f23120e541&e=3f7039199b>
   * on Twitter
   - Subscribe to our mailing list (on the top left of *JVWR homepage* at
   http://jvwresearch.org/<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=94e57a4f83&e=3f7039199b>).
   No spam guaranteed (max. one email per week.) *Note*: Subscribing to our
   mailing list is different from being a JVWR user. To become a JVWR user
   (editor, author, reviewer) please see
REGISTER<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=a993f9ed00&e=3f7039199b>on
the right-hand menu of the homepage.

 Looking forward to seeing you in Milan,

Thankfully,

*Yesha Sivan*
Managing Editor, The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research
Professor at the Management Information System Program, Tel Aviv Academic
College
Founder, Metaverse-Labs
Ltd.<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=76751b908f&e=3f7039199b>
   [image: JVWR Milan workshop ICIS 2013 life
demo]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=64ccba2e2b&e=3f7039199b>

© 2013 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research All rights reserved.