[Air-L] Discourse on Technology in Political Campaigns

Deen Freelon dfreelon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 06:49:09 PDT 2013

Adam,

I've also found it difficult to find good work on tech discourse--the
discourse itself is everywhere, but the second-order research is hard to
find, in part because keyword searches tend to bring up mainly
first-order stuff.

That said, Evgeny Morozov's the Net Delusion is quite good on this. His
new book may be as well but I haven't yet read it.

There's also this, from awhile back but still good: Jordan, T. (2001).
Language and libertarianism: The politics of cyberculture and the
culture of cyberpolitics. The Sociological Review, 49(1), 1-17.

Finally, I've got a manuscript under review on a closely related topic
(news discourses on tech in politics); if you're interested I can send
you a copy. ~DEEN