[Air-L] Literature tips on online observation

Gründhammer, Veronika Veronika.Gruendhammer at uibk.ac.at
Tue Jul 2 09:14:11 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I am very interested in communication processes on the web under the aspect of a varying degree of "observation possibilities" (such as the possibility to observe friends lists on facebook, posts on pin walls, number of twitter followers etc.) and how this being-seen-by-others and seeing-others reflects back on us.

I have come across articles like "I tweet honestly, I tweet passionately: Twitter users, context collapse, and the imagined audience" by Alice E. Marwick and Danah Boyd which were very intersting for me.

I would be grateful for further literature tips.

Thanks

Veronika