[Air-L] Issues with Facebook's "graph search"? (Nicholas John)

Simon Knight sjgknight at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 15:09:39 PDT 2013

Hi Nicholas
I don't know how it's being sampled, but I did write some thoughts/bullet
points about risks/potentials of such a tool a while ago
http://people.kmi.open.ac.uk/knight/2013/01/evaluating-facebook-graph-search
-as-an-epistemic-tool/ which included a link to Brian Kelly's post on its
potential for research developments (how universities might use it for
example).  Given the social, and economic factors potentially involved as
graph search develops I'm not sure I'd use it as a reliable/valid indicator
of taste.  Be interested to see if anyone has already done some work on
it/is planning to.
Cheers
Simon
@sjgknight <http://twitter.com/sjgknight>