[Air-L] Inquiry: graduate student scholarship/fellowship opportunities

Mathew Gagne mathew.gagne at mail.utoronto.ca
Sun Jul 28 09:06:18 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

I am a PhD student in anthropology at the University of Toronto, preparing to enter my fieldwork phase. My dissertation is about the impact of gay dating technologies (Grindr/Scruff/Growler) and websites (manjam.com) on the formation of queer sociality and subjectivity in Beirut, Lebanon. I am looking for scholarship and fellowship opportunities both for the more immediate future, but also once I am in the writing phase.

Given the range of members on the list, I am hoping that you all might lend a hand. Would you share any fellowship or scholarship opportunities that your respective centres, institutes, and organization offer? They don't only need to be those offered in the very near future.

I hope this does not appear as overly solicitous. I would be happy to collect and organize your responses, then send them back to the list. It would likely produce a useful resource for all of us.

Best Regards,

Mathew Gagné

*****
Ph.D. Student