[Air-L] Call for Participation: IR14 Preconf on Microcredentials

Alexander Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 19:14:27 PDT 2013

Hello, All,

This would be a very late reminder of a deadline today for the
workshop, but instead it is an announcement (to avoid confusion) that
the application materials for the microcredentials and reputation
pre-conference workshop will be extended and we will be accepting
people on a rolling basis up to the August 1 earlybird deadline.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to drop me a note.

Best,

Alex

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Alexander Halavais <halavais at gmail.com> wrote:
> Representing personal history, ability, and reputation online:
> Microcredentials, badges, endorsements, and other mechanisms
>
> With the momentous changes in social media use in professional
> contexts, and the rapid evolution of learning ecologies and
> experimentation with different kinds of learning online, the need to
> present experience and expertise to new communities is now more
> pressing than ever. The ways in which individuals formally construct
> their identities for multiple publics is also changing. While the
> traditional resume or biography remains important, we are finding new
> ways of explicitly summarizing our traces online and communicating
> these experiences to various publics.
>
> During this half-day pre-conference, attendees will present recently
> completed work and work in progress that addresses badges,
> microcredentials, reputation economies, markers of expertise, and
> related work. Our emphasis will be on empirical work that draws on a
> range of approaches to understand how reputation, experience, and
> expertise are made visible, regulated, and shared within online
> contexts and across contexts. The time will be split between a small
> number of presentations of more completed work, and thematic
> discussions around broader questions and research agendas for the
> area.
>
> Thanks to support through the Digital Media and Learning Competition,
> the pre-conference and lunch is free of charge to participants but
> there will a limited number of seats. If you are interested in
> participating, please submit a one-page (max) brief of your research
> and interests with a brief bio, to Alexander.Halavais at asu.edu by June
> 15, 2013.
>
> --
> --
> //
> // This email is
> // [x] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
> // [ ] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
> //
> // Alexander C. Halavais, ciberflâneur
> // http://alex.halavais.net
> //
> // Please attribute any stupid errors above to autocorrect on my phone.
> // (But I probably was typing on a keyboard.)

//
// This email is
// [ ] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [x] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//