[Air-L] Arts - a new issue by the Journal of Virtual Worlds

Tzafnat Shpak tzafnat.shpak at jvwresearch.org
Sun Jun 23 04:52:55 PDT 2013

**

[image: Journal of Virtual Worlds
Research]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=973cf21944&e=3f7039199b>

We are happy to announce the new publication of The Journal of Virtual
Worlds Research:

*Volume 6, Number 2: Arts*

The editorial team:

   - *Celeste Lovette Guichard, *Savannah College of Art and Design
   - *Laura Salciuviene, *Lancaster University Management School, UK
   - *Gary Hardee, *University of Texas at Dallas, TX, USA

This issue on Arts and Virtual Worlds features six exciting papers from
artists and scholars on a variety of topics, each investigating at least
one art medium (though often more) and its relevance to and within virtual
worlds. You will find papers about music, television, storytelling along
side avatar designs, real world assemblages and more artistic processes.
JVWR continues to encourage this diverse approach as we explore and expand
our field.

Managing Editor Corner

   - Achieving Arete: Being the Best You Can
Be<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=9d570c64f1&e=3f7039199b>
   Yesha Y. Sivan

Issue Editors' Corner

   - Introduction: Arts in Virtual
Worlds<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=2bfacf84e3&e=3f7039199b>
   Celeste Lovette Guichard

Peer Reviewed Research Papers

   - Art Medium Too: Avatar, Art, and
Assemblages<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=0d78842ede&e=3f7039199b>
   Christine Liao
   - Kromosomer – an Experience in Shared Creative Work and
Expression<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=9f0beea4cf&e=3f7039199b>
   Heidi Dahlsveen, Catarina Carneiro de Sousa
   - Museum Discovery Institute: Girls Designing in
Cyberspace<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=3a61624233&e=3f7039199b>
   Suzanne Kolodziej, Margaret Corbit, Jennifer Wofford
   - Ten Possible States in the Age of 3D3C Art: The Contil
Case<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=5b8fbb5173&e=3f7039199b>
   Yesha Y. Sivan, Ilana Salama-Ortar, Gary M. Hardee, Omer Kaspi
   - Virtual World Television Products and Practices: Comparing Television
   Production in Second Life to Traditional Television
Production<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=01fccd30c8&e=3f7039199b>
   CarrieLynn D. Reinhard, Pooky Amsterdam
   - Content Management for the Live Music Industry in Virtual Worlds:
   Challenges and
Opportunities<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c74c027bc0&e=3f7039199b>
   Marco Lüthy, Jean-Julien Aucouturier

We are also happy to let you know of the following:

   - We have canceled the proposed issue "Enterprises Welcome Virtual
   Worlds" due to lack of quality papers. Papers submitted for this issue will
   be moved to the Assembled line.
   - *A call for
reviewers*<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=aa77d3a2dd&e=3f7039199b>:
   we welcome competent academicians & researchers to join us as members of
   the JVWR review team. Being a reviewer is a matter of prestige and
   achievement. The JVWR believes in the value and importance of the reviewers
   throughout the publication process. It is not only about bringing the
   individual paper to its best, but also about shaping the credibility and
   reputation of the journal as a leader in the evolving field of Virtual
   Worlds.
   If you are interested in becoming a peer-reviewer for the JVWR please
   contact us at
info at jvwresearch.org<info at jvwresearch.org?subject=RE%3A%20Call%20for%20reviewers>.
   Please send your CV or a short resume and let us know what areas of
   interest you would be able to review.
   We are looking forward to hearing from you!
   - Check the summary of our ICIS 2012 Orlando workshop on Augmented
   Reality<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=3064ac7e44&e=3f7039199b>
   .
   - Our web site<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=30fff447b8&e=3f7039199b>includes
a special
   *page on
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=54fbf189b3&e=3f7039199b>
   *events<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=82da3b4938&e=3f7039199b>
   * in our field<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=fe9f6646b6&e=3f7039199b>
   *.
   - We have a special page that includes a cover
view<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=7b060a7b57&e=3f7039199b>of
   all our past issues.
   - You are also welcome to join our
Facebook<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=42f54a8bfb&e=3f7039199b>page
(TheJVWR) and/or subscribe to our mailing list (on the top left of
   http://www.jvwresearch.org).
   - You can follow our *twitter
   <http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=207ca6e78b&e=3f7039199b>
   *@TheJVWR ).
   - Feel free to share this email with friends (but delete the lower part
   of the email or people may change your settings)

You are all invited to participate (or present) at our
meeting<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=8fe0b20f86&e=3f7039199b>
 at *ICIS 2013 in Milan*.
If you are interested in publishing a literature review on a particular
area of Virtual Worlds, see our special Lantern issue, due to be published
beginning of 2014.

<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=a8b92ad026&e=3f7039199b>
Enjoy your read.

Thankfully,

*Tzafnat Shpak*
Coordinating Editor

 *Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan*
 Managing Editor

TheJVWR - The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research
http://jvwresearch.org<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=daf9c78a9a&e=3f7039199b>
   [image: Arts issue cover Vol.6 No.2,
2013]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=6b15d72f5e&e=3f7039199b>

© 2013 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research All rights reserved.