[Air-L] Understanding Social Media

Kelly Quinn kquinn8 at uic.edu
Wed Jun 5 10:29:09 PDT 2013

Hi Kayla,

I teach a course in social media and, like Marj, find that it is really
difficult to cover all of the related topics. I organize the course around
four 'themes': privacy, copyright, digital inclusion and political
participation.

Last semester, I used Mandiberg's Social Media Reader as a source of
foundational material--good material for a grad student course. But I also
have found it neccessary to supplement quite a bit with additional
readings. I am happy to share my syllabus off-list if it would be helpful.

Kindest regards,

Kelly Quinn

--
Kelly Quinn, PhD