[Air-L] Let's talk about AoIR

Deller, Ruth A R.A.Deller at shu.ac.uk
Sun Jun 2 03:57:26 PDT 2013

Firstly - thanks to Nicole for answering my question and clarifying her position - much appreciated - and secondly, I think Sarah's idea has a lot of merit and is certainly very interesting as something to consider.

The idea of a reviewing panel (or overseeing panel) that Feona and a few others have mooted is a good one and I think there's also some merit in 'choose what you want to review' although there are SO MANY reviews that there would need to be a substantial reviewing period and we'd need to think about how many reviews each person can realistically do, not to mention how much work co-ordinating the process might be for the programme chair.

And webinars!  That would be good as a way of using the internet and facilitating the sharing of research, ideas, discussion etc outside of the conferences I think - I've not had much experience with those but will check out the links people sent to others to see how they work.

Ruth