[Air-L] Social media & crime detection

Milou Vanmulken milou.vanmulken at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 09:40:30 PDT 2013

For my thesis I am studying social media use for crime detection and law
enforcement.

My aim is to investigate people’s perception of boundaries for social media
use by the police: Where should these boundaries lie according to the
public?

As mediating variables I am considering trust in the police and fear of
crime.

At the moment, I am building the theoretical framework of my thesis. As it
is a rather new field,

I would highly appreciate any recommendations for working papers or
literature about social media usage in the security sector.

Thanks in advance!

Milou Vanmulken

Tilburg University, The Netherlands