[Air-L] Mixed methods Internet research

Christine Hine christine.hine at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 6 05:50:31 PST 2013

I'm currently writing a review article on mixed methods Internet research,
and I'd really appreciate suggestions I might have overlooked of examples
where researchers combine qualitative and quantitative methods, or
large-scale and small-scale research designs in understanding Internet
phenomenon. I'm looking, for example, for instances where researchers
combine analysis of log file data, or twitter traffic etc with an in-depth
ethnographic or interview-based study. I'm also interested in mixed mode
studies, which combine online and offline research or use both born-digital
data and studies rooted in offline settings to answer a single research
question. Any suggestions gratefully received - I'm happy to take replies
offlist and then share the outcomes with the list.

Best wishes,

Christine

Christine Hine

Department of Sociology