[Air-L] Facebook researchers: how do you get a list of users who like a page?

Andrew Roback andrew.roback at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 15:24:48 PST 2013

Hi all,

I am researching NPOs that use Facebook, and I'm trying to compile a
network of users who like individual NPO FB pages. I have tried to get a
list of users who like the NPO FB pages using two importers (NodeXL and
netvizz), but these tools only download user-post networks and do not
provide a list of all users who like the page (at least I didn't see that
option).

I recently read that Facebook restricts this option in the API due to
privacy concerns<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3546320/how-to-list-facebook-users-who-like-a-page-or-interest>,
and I noticed that the "like" class in
FQL<http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/fql/like>only
returns lists for objects like posts, photos, etc.

Does anyone have a tool or method for using the API to get this data?

Thanks!

Andrew

--
Andrew J. Roback
Ph.D. Candidate in Technical Communication