[Air-L] Save the Date: JVWR Workshop ICIS 2013 (Milan, Italy, December 15, 2013) and CFP for “Virtual Worlds - Meta Analysis” issue

Tzafnat Shpak tzafnat.shpak at jvwresearch.org
Fri Mar 8 04:22:32 PST 2013

**

[image: JVWR Logo]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=0b67ad08af&e=790f62627f>

Save the Date:

JVWR workshop ICIS 2013 (Milan, Italy, December 15) and CFP for "Virtual
Worlds - Meta Analysis" Issue

Motivation and Scope

The first thematic issue of our 7th year (next year) will focus on meta
analysis of virtual worlds. The issue will connect with JVWR workshop in
Milan, Italy on December 15th, 2013 (as part of AIS ICIS 2013
http://icis2013.aisnet.org/<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=b6ed964e3e&e=790f62627f>
).

For this issue, “meta-analysis” means a particular review of corpus of
knowledge about an aspect of virtual worlds. It can be a classic literature
review, or a more formal statistical meta analysis (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-analysis<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=65e40019ee&e=790f62627f>).
Alternatively, we are open to other forms suggested by authors.

*Thus, we are looking for:*

* ...*Feedback *re potential areas to analyze and summarize (will be listed
in the updated CFP).
* ...*Authors* that take a summative approach to a particular area of
virtual worlds.
* ...*Editors* who will join the Managing editor in leading this unique
issue.

Send email to *info AT jvwresearch DOT org*.

We have initial submissions in the areas of:
* Collaboration
* Medicine
* Learning
* Art

*Possible topics include, but are not limited to:*

* Measuring virtual worlds
* Defense related virtual worlds
* Relations and virtual worlds
* Virtual Worlds and mobile
* Music and virtual worlds
* Virtual Worlds for Sales
* Virtual worlds and the web
* Embedding virtual worlds
* and more...

Submission Instructions

Authors are invited to submit original scholarly papers of up to 7500 words
including footnotes, references, and appendices. Interested authors should
submit a two-page extended abstract by the deadline indicated below. All
submissions (abstracts and papers) should be made via the JVWR publishing
system (see www.jvwresearch.org > About JVWR > For Authors). All
submissions will be reviewed under our double open policy
http://jvwresearch.org/index.php/2011-07-30-02-51-41/for-authors<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=1fb79d7031&e=790f62627f>
.

*Accepted papers will be published in Volume 7, Number 2 (2014) of the
Journal (subject to changes).*

 The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research
(http://www.jvwresearch.org/<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=9f78a08b8d&e=790f62627f>)
is an online, open access academic journal that engages a wide spectrum of
scholarship. JVWR welcomes contributions from the many disciplines and
approaches that intersect with virtual worlds research. Virtual worlds
ignite a continuously evolving area of study that spans multiple
disciplines. The JVWR editorial team looks forward to engaging a wide range
of creative and scholarly research.

Deadlines and Timeline

   - *May 19, 2013* - Authors submit proposed extended abstract or initial
   papers
   - *June 3, 2013* - Editors make decisions about proposals
   - *August 4, 2013* - Authors submit full paper
   - *September 2, 2013* - Editors return review report and initial decision
   - *September 29, 2013* - Authors submit revised paper
   - *November 3, 2013* - Editors return final comments and decision
   - *December 15-18, 2013* - ICIS JVWR workshop
   - *January 12, 2014* - Authors final submit based on comments directly
   to JVWR coordinator
   - *February 16, 2014* - Publication: Q1 2014

Thankfully,

*Yesha Sivan*
Managing Editor, The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research
Professor and Head of the Management Information System Program, Tel Aviv
Academic College
Founder, Metaverse-Labs Ltd.

[image: JVWR Workshop ICIS 2013 & Meta
issue]<http://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=b88ce6e2ad&e=790f62627f>

© 2013 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research All rights reserved.

[image: Email Marketing Powered by
MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&afl=1>