[Air-L] youth and online recruitment and interviews

Erica Ciszek eciszek at uoregon.edu
Sun Mar 10 11:05:10 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I am looking for resources and advice on recruitment and research with youth in online spaces. I am hoping to talk to 13-17 year old LGBTQ youth about their experiences with anti-bullying outreach efforts. I'm hoping to carry out interviews through Facebook chat, Google chat and email. I recognize that getting this study approved by the IRB at my institution will be quite the challenge.

Does anyone have any suggestions or models for navigating this process? Getting parental consent won't work for this project, so I'm looking for ways to address issues of anonymity, etc.

I would greatly appreciate it!

All the best,
Erica Ciszek
Doctoral Student