[Air-L] Facebook researchers: how do you get a list of users who like a page?

Angela Newell amnewell at utexas.edu
Mon Mar 4 06:56:18 PST 2013

I am really curious if you asked the question SHOULD I access a list of
users who like a certain page.  If even Facebook views the privacy of their
users and the pages that they like on Facebook as private, perhaps you
should consider your own research ethics. Membership lists typically
receive certain protections under the law--especially in the EU and UK.
While "likes" of a certain page are not necessarily construed as membership
lists, it would set a fascinating legal precedent for someone to try them
as such.

--
Angela Newell, Ph.D.
University of Texas at Austin