[Air-L] Let's talk about AoIR.

Holly Kruse holly.kruse at gmail.com
Thu May 30 12:00:35 PDT 2013

I think that it's great that we're having this discusson on the list. I've reviewed for the past eight or nine AoIR conferences, and I like to think that I have a pretty good handle on reviewing for this conference. I could be wrong. Still, I propose that for the next conference we craft clear guidelines for reviewers, so that reviewers are less apt, for instance, to expect a roundtable abstract to demonstrate the same level of theoretical development as paper proposals for a panel. Likewise, we could do our best to ensure that if we keep the SPIR template for submissions, reviewers are aware that not including a methodology or results section is totally fine if it's not appropriate for the paper that's being proposed. I'm willing to spearhead this effort at clarification.

Holly