[Air-L] Voting Open & A Question for Candidates

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at syr.edu
Fri May 24 09:50:42 PDT 2013

We definitely have seen members organize informal social gatherings and panels at other associations' conferences, and we should continue to encourage that.

The issue of streaming the conference to those who cannot attend is so tricky. When I was pregnant and then had wee ones, I really cut back on my conference travel, so I did not attend AoIR. I would have loved to be present, but even if there had been some digital means for me to watch panels or attend virtually, I don't know if I would have. I do think we as an association about the Internet could and should put more energy over the next few years towards building a richer digital presence, and that might mean experimenting with avenues for digital participation with the conference. The how of that requires some thought.

~Jenny