[Air-L] Let's talk about AoIR.

Jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Fri May 31 08:13:54 PDT 2013

aside from the conference and submission system, are there other
significant cultural/structural questions that we should think about in
regards to AoIR?   or is the conference the main issue?

I think one of the issue is that the conference has become the main issue,
and the list has basically changed from a fairly dynamic one, to a fairly
circumscribed announcement list with a little discussion instead of being,
as it once was, a sort of intellectual heart that drives the conference.
 So for me, I'd say list-culture and perhaps other AoIR media cultures need
some intervention to transform them toward a more integrative and enabling
structure.  That's always been one of my concerns though...   I'm wondering
what non-conference related matters are out there?