[Air-L] SIGDOC Deadline Extension

Liza Potts lpotts at msu.edu
Wed May 8 18:05:04 PDT 2013

Greetings Fellow AoIR members!

We are extending the deadline for SIGDOC 2013 conference submissions (SIGDOC is a special interest group within the Association for Computing Machinery focused on the design of communication).

Here are the new dates:
June 1: Manuscripts are due.
June 30: Acceptance notices go out. If your submission is accepted as-is, you can upload it for publication in the proceedings. Work begins on your conference presentation.
July 20: If your submission was accepted pending revisions, the revisions are due.
Aug 7: Your final date to upload your manuscript to Sheridan Printing for inclusion in the proceedings.

In addition to our usual papers, reports, and poster briefs, this year, we've launched a new kind of submission type: Panels! There are three different panel types, including ones that have full papers and ones that do not. We are trying out this new format to encourage newcomers and those of you who have new research you are ready to talk about, but maybe you haven't baked it into a full paper yet. See more details here: http://sigdoc.acm.org/2013/?page_id=34

Please encourage your colleagues, students, and industry partners to join us at SIGDOC this year. We are planning an awesome conference for you down at East Carolina University. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the conference chairs directly: Michael Albers (albersm at ecu.edu) and Nina Wishbow (nina.wishbow at gmail.com).

Best,
Liza
Vice Chair of SIGDOC
Liza Potts, Ph.D.
Michigan State University
Director of User Experience Projects, WIDE @ MATRIX
Assistant Professor
Department of Writing, Rhetoric, & American Cultures
434 Farm Lane (Bessey Hall) Room 291, East Lansing, MI 48824
Gtalk: LKPotts  | Skype: LKPotts