[Air-L] Registration Open: Digital Media and Sacred Text, June 17 (Open University, London)

Tim.Hutchings Tim.Hutchings at open.ac.uk
Wed May 15 11:33:14 PDT 2013

DIGITAL MEDIA AND SACRED TEXT

Monday 17 June 2013, Open University
Camden Town, London, UK
9am - 6pm

This one-day Open University conference will bring together academics interested in the study of digital sacred texts and religious e-reading, including sociologists, anthropologists, media scholars, computer scientists, historians and digital humanists. We also welcome religious practitioners and publishers engaged in creating digital sacred texts.

We are delighted to announce that the keynote speaker will be Professor Heidi Campbell (Texas A&M University).

Attendance at this event will cost £20. Thanks to generous funding from the Arts and Humanities Research Council, 30 free places are available for the first delegates to register.

A full programme and online registration page can be accessed here: http://www.mediatingreligion.org/events/digital-media-and-sacred-text

- Tim Hutchings, Centre for Research on Socio-Cultural Change, Open University