[Air-L] YouTube Data

Alex Leavitt alexleavitt at gmail.com
Thu May 23 15:28:00 PDT 2013

Hi Megan,

I've been working on a YouTube data project for about a year now. The kind
of granularity that you're asking for doesn't reeeeally exist... but you
can get data for users and video metadata, but you'd also need some skills
dealing with YouTube's API. You can theoretically string together a network
of recommended videos (I've seen a visualization of it, but I can't find
the link...). Also, unless you have direct access to the analytics for each
video (by having it under your account), I'm fairly certain that you can't
see stats regarding use of the videos on external sites.

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Student
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt