[Air-L] PhD / Research programs - linguistics and social media

Unger, Johann j.unger at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 2 05:32:46 PDT 2013

Dear Kushchu,

Language at Internet is an open access journal that regularly has good articles that take a sociolinguistic approach to Facebook data (though last year their output seems to have dipped a bit).

At Lancaster we have several staff researching in the area of language and digital media (David Barton, Julia Gillen, Karin Tusting, Mark Sebba, myself) and also a number of PhD students already looking at facebook and other social networks - and we have a new MA in Digital Literacies, which means there are also research training opportunities for PhD students working in this area. Further information is available here: http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/study/phd/

Best,
Johnny.

Dr J W Unger
Lecturer and Academic Director of Summer Programmes
Department of Linguistics and English Language
Lancaster University
LA1 4YL

e-mail: j.unger at lancaster.ac.uk<mailto:j.unger at lancaster.ac.uk>
tel: +44 1524 592591